Abortion is the human rights tragedy of our age and is unequivocally condemned by the Catholic Church. We must all work towards a society where no child is at risk of being murdered in the womb.
But while bans and restrictions play an important role, building a culture of life means more than just making abortion illegal. Our ultimate goal should be to create a society where no women even feels like abortion is her only choice. In addition to working to limit abortion and stop Minnesota tax-payer funding for this horrific practice, we should also pass public policy that supports mothers facing challenging pregnancies and should do more to expand the availability of adoption.
In the News
- Letter of Testimony: Opportunity to see ultrasound before an abortion procedure
- Testimony on Tax Payer Funding of Abortion to Members of the Senate Health and Human Services Committee
- Legislature faces decisions on health care, school choice, family poverty
- CHAMN/MCC Joint Letter to the Legislature: Health Care with a Priority for Accessibility and Affordability for Everyone
- U.S. Catholics urged to weigh issues carefully as they enter voting booth