“In effect, the government seems to be telling employees that they are better off with no employer health plan at all than with a plan that does not cover contraceptives. This is hard to reconcile with an Act whose purpose is to bring us closer to universal coverage.”
– President of the USCCB, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz
The Catholic bishops of the United States continue to call for a change to the HHS imposed mandate that violates conscience rights & libertad religiosa. The Administration’s “accommodation” still forces objecting organizations and individuals to pay for “services” that violate their religious convictions.
The bishops of Minnesota, in solidarity with their brother bishops throughout the country, call on Congress and the Administration to support legislation that provides appropriate conscience rights and protects the First Amendment rights of citizens and Catholic institutions.
Qué puede hacer?
- Cuestionario del candidato legislativo de Minnesota
- Understanding Cooperation with Evil (NCBC)
- Background and Q&A educational resources on Preventive Services Mandate and Conscience Protection
- Health Insurance Options and the Ethics of the HHS Mandate (NCBC)
- Nuestro primer, Más preciada libertad– Una declaración sobre la libertad religiosa
En las noticias
- Comunicado de prensa (CONFERENCIA EPISCOPAL): USCCB General Counsel Submits Comments on Latest Version of HHS Contraceptive Mandate
- Comunicado de prensa (CONFERENCIA EPISCOPAL): ‘More Respect for Religious Freedom’ Needed After Failed Senate Vote to Curtail It
- Media Statement (CONFERENCIA EPISCOPAL): Supreme Court Decision on Hobby Lobby
- Declaración (MCC): Win for Hobby Lobby and Religious Liberty
- Espíritu católico: Por qué necesitamos los derechos de conciencia en el cuidado de la salud
Vídeo y otros medios
- Violation of Conscience Rights video – Franciscan Alliance
- Las mujeres hablan por sí mismos – Helen Alvaré
- Sienna Symposium for Woman, Familia, and Culture: Religious Liberty and the Equality of Women
- Helen Alvaré sobre la libertad religiosa y el mandato de HHS
- Gloria Purvis – HHS Mandate is Anti-Woman: Catholics Need to Speak Up