On Thursday, March 9, 2017, over 1,000 Catholics from every state senate district joined Minnesota’s seven bishops and dynamic speakers in St. Paul for a day of inspiration and advocacy.
By all accounts, the first-ever Catholics at the Capitol was a great success. Many took the day off from work to participate in the historic day, which included attendees from all age groups and backgrounds. Participants were informed about critical issues facing Minnesota, were equipped to engage with their lawmakers, and were inspired to live out their faith through public advocacy, at Catholics at the Capitol and beyond. As Archbishop Bernard Hebda said at the closing ceremony in the Capitol Rotunda, “today is just the first day of an incredible future.”
See some of the coverage and highlights below!
- “Capitol event showed importance of reaching out to legislators” (The Visitor)
- “MCC: Catholics at the Capitol momentum to continue throughout advocacy network” (The Catholic Spirit)
- “Catholics at the Capitol draws 1,000 from across Minnesota” (The Catholic Spirit)
- “Minnesota Catholics converge on St. Paul for day of learning, lobbying” (The Visitor)
- “Catholics Call on Lawmakers for Action” (Alpha News)
- “Bishop Conley: ‘Your state needs your faith and your witness'” (The Catholic Spirit)
- “Purvis: Christ equips Catholics to ‘have no fear’ at Capitol (The Catholic Spirit)
- LIVE from Catholics at the Capitol with Bishop Sirba, Bishop Hoeppner, Bishop LeVoir, and Gloria Purvis (Real Presence Radio)
- Interviews from Catholics at the Capitol (The Rediscover: Hour)
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
- Full Morning Program video with timeline
- Catholics at the Capitol photo album
- Bishop Cozzens’s special video message to Governor Dayton!
- Rosaries in the Rotunda
- “Catholic Voices Count!”
- Closing Ceremony in the Capitol Rotunda
- Full Catholics at the Capitol video playlist
- Tweet: Bishop Cozzens’s special video message to Governor Dayton!
- #MNCatholic Facebook feed
- #MNCatholic Twitter feed