Are you looking to learn more about the intersection of your Catholic faith with policy and society, while building your communications skill-set in a professional environment? Consider interning with the Minnesota Catholic Conference, the official public policy voice of the Catholic Church in Minnesota. We’re on the cutting edge of advocacy and catechesis communications, and are looking for talented and enthusiastic interns to join us this summer.
Interns will aid our efforts to communicate the Church’s social vision and advocacy efforts to a variety of audiences, including Minnesota Catholics, the state legislature, and the media. Communications interns will contribute to the daily and ongoing communications needs of MCC, while also working on special projects in any number of the following areas:
- Website design and development
- Brand identity enhancement
- Press relations
- Writing and editing
- Social media strategy and innovation
- Graphic design
- Database and advocacy platform reorganization
- Young adult outreach
Qualified candidates will have a deep interest in and commitment to the Catholic faith, particularly as it applies to politics and society; will possesses communications skills and abilities in at least some of the aforementioned areas (and a desire to grow in others); and will bring a track record of hard-work, creativity, and positivity.
The internship is unpaid, though a stipend may be offered at its conclusion. Interns are expected to work a consistent weekly schedule, but times, weekly hours, and total duration are negotiable.
If interested, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 PM on Sunday, April 10:
- a resume crafted for a professional opportunity (free of typos, formatted professionally)
- a cover letter, including an explanation of why you are interested in this internship, stating which of the special project areas you are interested in/have experience in, and indicating your availability
- an unofficial transcript
- a short writing sample (no more than 1,000 words)
Contact Jonathan Liedl, communications manager, with any questions: email@example.com