WHO: Some of Minnesota’s leading Catholic legal and academic experts will address religious liberty issues in the areas of medicine, law, women’s freedom, and civic duty.
Speakers will include:
- Jason Adkins, Executive Director, Minnesota Catholic Conference
- Teresa Collett, professor of law, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Andy Eisenzimmer, chancellor for civil affairs for the Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis
- Fr. Daniel Griffith, faculty fellow of law, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Scholars from the Siena Symposium for Women, Family and Culture
- Other leading Twin Cities attorneys and professors
WHEN: July 21 to July 4, 2012
Thursday, June 21—Religious Liberty: Our Most Cherished Freedom
7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Nativity of Our Lord Catholic Church, St. Paul, Minn.
Co-sponsored by the Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis
Tuesday, July 26—Religious Liberty and Healthcare
7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at St. John the Evangelist Church, Rochester, Minn.
Co-sponsored by the Catholic Medical Association and the Diocese of Winona
Wednesday, June 27—Deceits and Conceits: The False Conflict of Religious Freedom with Women’s Liberty
7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minn.
Co-sponsored by the Siena Symposium for Women, Family, and Culture
Thursday, June 28—Religious Liberty, Conscience Rights, and Participation of Faith Communities in the Public Square
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at University of St. Thomas Law School, Minneapolis, Minn.
(This is a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) program open to attorneys and non-attorneys.)
Co-sponsored by the Prolife Center at the University of St. Thomas
ATTENDEES: Catholics and the general public interested in learning more about Constitutional rights as pertaining to religious liberties; lawyers interested in CLE credits.
For more information, visit the “Upcoming Events” section of the Minnesota Catholic Conference (www.mncc.org). RSVP via the Minnesota Catholic Conference Facebook page. Events are free, except for the CLE program on June 28.
Jessica Zittlow, Communications Associate
firstname.lastname@example.org / O: 651.227.8777 / C: 651.368.1043