Uphold and defend human dignity and the common good for all. Below are five ways you can get involved. Use the educational resource and advocacy tool links to help you live your call to faithful citizenship, and to encourage others to do the same.
Learn about the issues.
- Visite nuestra Áreas de promoción section to learn the basics on policy issues of interest for Catholics—which range from building a just, fair economy for all to preserving the importance of marriage in civil society.
- Learn why Catholic advocacy matters.
- Brush up on your civics! Visit the Minnesota State Legislature website to read about how a bill becomes a law in the state of Minnesota.
Know when to take action.
- Únete la MN Catholic Advocacy Network to stay up-to-date on policy issues and take action on advocacy areas of interest for Catholics.
- Attend an advocacy or issue-related event. Visite nuestra Eventos section to find current opportunities. And learn the importance of and how to participate in a Minnesota Caucus, HAGA CLIC AQUÍ.
- Sign up for a mailing list or RSS feed to stay informed on Minnesota Legislature activities.
- Tune-in to legislative hearings and other proceedings while the legislature is in session.
Contribute to the public dialogue about policy and promote Catholic values in our legislation.
- Contact your legislator by letter, Correo electrónico, phone, or even in person. Look up your legislative contacts through the MN Catholic Advocacy Network Action Center. Other tools:
- Learn how to communicate effectively con sus legisladores. (FAQ from Minnesota Legislature on contacting your elected officials)
- Write to your newspaper. Visite la Minnesota page on the US Newspapers List website for general contact information, or send an editorial on a specific policy issue directly through the MCC Catholic Advocacy Network Action Center.
Spread the word.
Tell others about our Catholic advocacy tools and educational resources.
- Invite friends and family to take action on a current MCC Action Alert.
- Print the MCC Political Activity Guidelines and share them with your parish.
Not registered to vote? Learn aquí how to register to vote in Minnesota.
To find your polling place and get your voting questions answered: